One method to analyze our data, which is useful for grouping and understanding relationships within it, is a simple Entity Relationship (“ER”) diagram. ER diagrams were originally developed for database design. Lucid Charts provides a good tutorial including history of ER Diagrams HERE.
In our example, we have three Entities and two Relationships, described below.
- “News” Story – a story written and published online.
- Website – a website hosting a story or stories.
- Social Media Posts – a posting about a story, including Likes, Comments or Shares on Facebook.
- A “News” Story can be published on many Websites. Cardinality is One to Many.
- A “News” Story is referenced by many Social Media Posts. Cardinality is One to Many.